Board of Directors
The WBBA’s Board of Directors is comprised of knowledgeable and experienced professionals from the life sciences sector in Washington state. The Board of Directors actively oversees our policies and strategy.
Composed of members of the Board, the Executive Committee is charged with monthly review of our financial performance and WBBA strategic directions. Please contact WBBA President Chris Rivera - email@example.com or Executive Committee Chair Thong Le - firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 Executive Committee
- Chair – Thong Q. Le, Chief Executive Officer, Accelerator Corporation
- Treasurer – Margaret McCormick, PhD, Chief Executive Officer, Matrix Genetics
- Chris E. Rivera, President & Chief Executive Officer, Washington Biotechnology & Biomedical Association
- Thomas Clement, Chief Executive Officer, Aqueduct Neurosciences
- Stephen M. Graham, Partner, Fenwick & West LLP
- Erik Nilsson, GAC Chairman, President, Insilicos
- Gregory Sessler, President & Chief Executive Officer, Spiration, Inc. d/b/a Olympus Respiratory America
- Martin Simonetti, President , VLST Corporation
- Todd Simpson, Chief Financial Officer, Seattle Genetics, Inc.
- Terrence J. Sweeney, Vice President Global Clinical Affairs, Philips Ultrasound
- John Wecker, PhD, President & Chief Executive Officer, Pacific Northwest Diabetes Research Institute
Board of Directors
- Henrik Andersen, Executive Director, Bio-Process Development, ZymoGenetics, Inc., a Bristol Meyers Squibb Company
- Hovan Asdourian (Ex Officio), Life Sciences & Global Health Business Development Manager, WA State Department of Commerce
- Kevin Baldwin, Pacific Northwest Market Managing Partner, Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Charles V. Baltic III, Managing Director, Co-Head of Life Sciences, Needham & Company, LLC
- Norman J. Beauchamp, Jr., MD, MHS, Professor and Chairman Department of Radiology, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Jan Beck, Vice President Site Head, Novo Nordisk
- Bill Brady, President, Brady & Company
- Michael Chansler, Senior Director of Commercialization, Battelle
- Lisa Cohen, Executive Director, WA Global Health Alliance
- John Cox, Senior Vice President, Seattle, Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc.
- Helga Ding, DDS, MBA, MHA, Managing Director, Group Health Research Institute
- Sonya F. Erickson, Partner, Cooley LLP
- Don Foster, PhD, Vice President, Inflammation, Novo Nordisk
- Alan D. Frazier (Ex Officio), Founder & Managing Partner, Frazier Healthcare Ventures
- Tom Fritz, Chief Executive Officer, Inland NW Health Services
- James Gore, Chief Operating Officer, Puget Sound Blood Center Research Institute
- Brad Gray, President & Chief Executive Officer, NanoStringTechnologies, Inc.
- Douglas R. Hansmann, PhD, Chief Operating Officer, EKOS Corporation
- James B. Hendricks, PhD, President, Seattle Children’s Research Institute
- Lee Huntsman (Ex Officio), PhD, Board Member, Revalesio
- Michael Hutchings, Partner, DLA Piper US LLP
- Erik Iverson, President, Business and Operations, IDRI
- Bruce Jackson, (Ex Officio) Business Development Manager, EnterpriseSeattle
- Gabe Jones, (Ex Officio) Student, UW Foster Biotech Club, University of Washington
- Jim Karkanias, Partner, Applied Research & Technology, Microsoft
- James Katzaroff, Chief Executive Officer, Advanced Medical Isotope Corporation
- Colleen Kerr, Chief Legislative Officer & AVP for External Affairs, Washington State University
- Homer Lane, Executive Director & CFO, Benaroya Research Insititute at Virginia Mason (BRI) | Vice President Research, Virginia Mason Medical Center(VMMC)
- Oren Lang-Furr, Partner Assurance, Ernst & Young, LLP
- Minh Le, Deal Team Leader, Silicon Valley Bank - PNW
- Jim Lisbakken, Partner and Chair of Life Sciences Practice Group, Perkins Coie LLP
- Gustavo Mahler, PhD, Global Chief Operations Officer, CMC Biologics
- Tim Martin, Director of Global Government Affairs, Amgen
- Brian Mogen, (Ex Officio), President, Science & Engineering Business Association (SEBA)
- Ulrich Mueller, PhD, Vice President of Industry Relations and Technology Transfer, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Robert W. Overell, PhD, President & Chief Executive Officer, PhaseRx, Inc.
- H. Stewart Parker, Chief Executive Officer, IDRI
- David Poston, Chief Operating Officer, Allen Institute for Brain Science
- Jens U. Quistgaard, PhD, Chairman, Mirabilis Medica
- Randy Schatzman, Chief Executive Officer, Alder BioPharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Lisa G. Shaffer, PhD, FACMG, Chief Executive Officer, Paw Print Genetics, a division of Genetic Veterinary Sciences, Inc.
- David Stafford, Chief Financial Officer, Physio-Control, Inc.
- Ken Stuart, PhD, President, Seattle BioMed
- Ronald Thomas, Commercialization Manager, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory- Battelle
- Wayne Wager, Co-Chair, WINGS